|Dark Souls II, Dark Souls III, Dark Souls, Bloodborne|
LobosJr is a Twitch streamer who has built a devoted fan base known affectionately as The Wolfpack primarily through his skill at games developed by From Software, most notably those in the Dark Souls series. He is most famous for his challenge runs and speedruns, many of which have earned hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube.
Twitch Channel[edit | edit source]
Biography[edit | edit source]
He studied Computer Science at the University of Texas at San Antonio from 2005 to 2007 before attending Texas State Technical College. He was later hired by the game developer BioWare, where he worked on the online role-playing game Star Wars: The Old Republic.
His real name is Mike Villalobos. He proposed to his then-girlfriend, fellow Twitch streamer FieldyField, live on his stream in July 2014. He is the younger brother of actor and gamer Brian Villalobos. He is well-known in the gaming community for his expertise in the Dark Souls games
Clothes Line[edit | edit source]
Currently there are two places where one can purchase LobosJr inspired clothing. There is a Teepublic page devoted to LobosJr where community members design T-Shirts. There is also an Etsy page by Carson Drew It where you can purchase an official Lobos Jr. T-Shirt.
Speedruns[edit | edit source]
There's also a Google Docs Sheet with a full list of all LobosJr speedruns.
Chat Rules[edit | edit source]
1. Respect Lobos and his viewers.
2. No self promotion. Lobos will advertise as he sees fit.
3. Don't tell Lobos what to play. If you don't enjoy the content, no-one is making you watch.
4. Racist, homophobic & generally disrespectful actions will not be tolerated.
5. Do not discuss upcoming game content prior to release (spoilers)
Gear[edit | edit source]
Dedicated Streaming PC:
- CPU: Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40 GHz
- Memory: 32 GB ram
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 780 TI
- Capture: SC-512N1-L/DVI and Avermedia HD Capture Card
- CPU: Intel i7-4790k @ 4.00 GHz
- Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 980
- Software: Open Broadcaster Software
- Controller: PS3 using BetterDS3 software / XBox 1 wired controller (recently)
- Webcam: Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920
- Headset: Countryman H6 Headset
- Compressor: Behringer: MULTICOM PRO-XL MDX4600
- Preamp: PreSonus Tube Pre v2
Tattoos[edit | edit source]
- Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favorite games of all time and I've always wanted a tattoo of the sigil from this game. If you're unfamiliar, these sigils mark weak spots that you must stab in order to damage these massive colossi that you fight.
- Okami is one of the most beautiful games I've played, in my opinion. The combination of cel shading with ancient Japanese style art just make it awesome. This is Amaterasu, the playable wolf character.
- Mass Effect is one of my favorite game series of all time. It has fantastic story, graphics, music, and awesome RPG elements. 'N7' is a vocational code in the Systems Alliance military. The "N" designates special forces and the "7" refers to the highest level of proficiency.
- SW:TOR was the first game I ever worked on in the video game industry. For launch, a bunch of us (including Greg Zeschuk, co-founder of Bioware) got tattoos. See picture for everyone in their new ink!
- One of my first favorite games ever, Shadowgate is an old NES point & click adventure that is known for its many, many, many ways to die. The tattoo is of a clue to a switch puzzle in a different part of the game (see picture). This one is particularly dear to me, as I played through this game over the course of months with my brother. We even wrote letters back & forth to Nintendo Power when we got stuck!
- Possibly my most favorite game of all time, LTTP is probably one of the most memorable games of my childhood. The tattoo is a design based off of the Pendants of Virtue surrounding the Triforce. Green = Courage, Red = Power, and Blue = Wisdom.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- He is a passionate musician who has played guitar in a number of video game music cover bands, including The Returners, Gimmick! and Lords of Thunder.
The streaming service "twitch" could not find the user "LobosJr" and/or returned an error.