|Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg|
PewDiePie is a streamer on Twitch.
Twitch Channel[edit | edit source]
Biography[edit | edit source]
Born in Gothenburg, Sweden, PewDiePie originally pursued a degree in Industrial Economics and Technology Management at Chalmers University of Technology. In 2010, during his time at the university, he registered his PewDiePie YouTube account. The following year he dropped out of Chalmers to focus on his YouTube channel, much to the chagrin of his parents. Having been refused support from them, PewDiePie began working at a hot dog stand to fund his videos. PewDiePie soon gathered a rapidly increasing online following, and in 2012, his channel surpassed one million subscribers.
He is a YouTube celebrity whose comedy and video game commentary channel has currently earned over 61 million subscribers. His Internet show, Let's Play, focuses on horror and action video games. He was voted Most Popular Gaming Web Star at the 2014 Teen Choice Awards.
Due to his popularity, PewDiePie's coverage of indie games has created an Oprah effect wherein their sales have been posted, and he has raised money for charities through his "Bro Army" fanbase. Aside from his online activities, Kjellberg has made appearances in other forms of media, including radio and television.
Gear[edit | edit source]
- Corsair Obsidian 650D Midi Tower Case
- Green Befenix LED Fan Case Upgrade
- Intel Core i7 4930K 6-Core Processor 3.4 GHz (Overclocked to 4.5 GHz)
- Corsair Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Liquid CPU *Cooler Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
- Asus X9 Deluxe Motherboard
- 16GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (4x4GB Sticks)
- Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB Graphics Card
- 250GB Samsung 840 Evo Solid State Drive
- 2000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk - 6Gbps x 2
- RAID 1 Configuration
- Blu-Ray ReWriter
- Quiet 750W Dark Power Pro Cable Managed PSU
- Onboard High Definition Audio
- 17 in 1 3.5" Internal Card Reader
YouTube Channel[edit | edit source]
Since 15 August 2013, PewDiePie's channel has been the most subscribed user on YouTube, being surpassed briefly in November and December 2013 by YouTube's Spotlight channel. Holding the position since 22 December 2013, the channel has reached over 61 million subscribers, as of March 2018. On 19 July 2014, the channel surpassed singer Rihanna's Vevo account on YouTube to become the most viewed channel of all time, and as of March 2018, the channel has received over 17 billion video views. In 2016, Time magazine named him one of "The World's 100 Most Influential People."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- PewDiePie's longtime girlfriend Marzia started as a fan of his videos, contacting him because she found him funny.
- He used his Internet popularity to raise funds for such charities as the World Wildlife Foundation and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. In 2015, he announced that he'd be publishing a self-help book.
- He dropped out of the Chalmers University of Technology to pursue a career as an Internet personality.
- He won a Most Popular Social Show web personality award that fellow internet star Jenna Marbles was also nominated for.