|Los Angeles, United States|
|League of Legends|
Twitch channel[edit | edit source]
Biography[edit | edit source]
During the Season 3 European LCS, Bjergsen was unable to play with his team until Week 3 due to age restrictions put in place by Riot Games. For the first two weeks, he was temporarily replaced by the team's sub cowTard. After he turned 17 years old on February 21, he was able to rejoin the main lineup and play their remaining LCS matches. After finding success with Copenhagen Wolves after his rejoining, his team left to become Ninjas in Pyjamas for the Summer LCS.
On November 2, 2013, Bjergsen would leave NiP to move to NA and join the Team SoloMid lineup as their mid laner, becoming the 2nd player to cross over from the EU to NA LCS, after Edward left Gambit to join Curse during Season 3.
On January 23, 2014, it was announced that Bjergsen violated the LCS rules by approaching and encouraging a contracted LCS player to leave his position at Lemondogs. He admitted the violation and was fined $2,000.
Søren "Bjergsen" Bjerg is a charismatic mid lane wunderkind. A former superstar of the EU team Copenhagen Wolves, Bjergsen’s extensive champion pool and deadly mechanics brought more than one NA mid laner to their knees after his swap to TSM in 2013. Bjergsen also constantly evaluates his own performance and pinpoints weaknesses to fix. As he's improved over the years, he's cemented his position near the top of NA’s mid lane hierarchy.
While Bjergsen’s opponents are falling, his own confidence is rising. Since joining TSM he has transformed from a shy, quiet, kid into one of the most popular personalities in NA esports—and he has the TSM fans to prove it. Some rumors say he even learned how to cook without burning down the house, a feat that no one else in TSM history has accomplished.
On the Rift he quickly became the primary shot-caller and team captain for TSM. While TSM was previously known for focusing their resources on Bjergsen in the mid lane, he has more of a 'we win as a team' mentality in mind. "We pick for the team, and what we do is for the team. It's a lot more jungle focused and team focused than the mid lane 1 vs. 1." It’s all about finding that perfect balance between the bjerger king and the rest of his team, and Bjergsen is determined to make it happen.
Twitch bio[edit | edit source]
Retrieved from https://www.twitch.tv/tsm_bjergsen
Hey! I'm Søren Bjerg, I'm a professional League of Legends mid laner for Team Solo Mid. I peaked ~1900 elo during S1, 2700 S2 and Challenger Season 3, 4 and 5.
- How old are you?
I am 22 years old.
- Where do you live?
I grew up in Denmark but now live in Los Angeles.
- Favorite food?
- How do you pronounce the ø in Søren?
You don't wanna know, trust me.
- How long have you been playing LoL?
- What games did you previously play and how long have you been gaming?
CS 1.6, WoW and Diablo 2 are some of the big timespenders. I've been playing games since I was a kid.
- Sub Discord:
If you're a subscriber, remember I have a Discord where I hang out with subs occasionally. Whisper any subscribers/mod for an invite!
- How can we support you?
Follow me on Twitter, Facebook and here on Twitch! You can also subscribe/donate if you wish.
Riot poaching fine[edit | edit source]
Retrieved from Riot Fine League of Legends Pro Bjergsen
Today, Riot added a new twist as they fined Ninjas in Pyjamas' former mid laner, Soren Bjerg, $2000 for his role in the affair. They found that he was guilty of poaching members of the Lemondogs team, which is odd because it’s usually teams and not players who do the poaching. So how did Bjergsen find himself in the middle of all this? Hint: eSports aren’t always wildly professional.
Bjergsen agreed to transfer to TSM, Ninjas in Pyjamas said he had to find a replacement for one of the gaps in their roster. As a result, Bjergsen and NiP unwittingly set in motion the events that would see both NiP and Lemondogs bounced from LCS. Bjergsen talked to a player he knew at Lemondogs, who was interested in joining Ninjas in Pyjamas. Riot also found that Bjergsen "offered this player a significant sum of money". It's not clear whether they mean he simply told this player what his offer would be, or if Bjergsen was offering him money out of his own pocket just to take the new contract with NiP. The latter option sounds far shadier. Either way, the Lemondogs roster soon fell apart as three players transferred to NiP.
The roster switches proved disastrous for both teams, but what got Bjergsen fined is a part of LCS regulations that says: "No Team Member or Affiliate of a team may solicit, lure, or make an offer of employment to any Team Member who is signed to any LCS team, nor encourage any such Team Member to breach or otherwise terminate a contract with said LCS team."
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Søren owns two dogs, one named Ozzy and the other Kappa.
- His favorite champions are Syndra, TF, Elise, Nidalee and Zed.
- He had a dog called Kappa.
- He hates Shaco more than any other champ in the game.
- He is Riot's youngest featured Streamer.
- He scored the first penta kill in the EU LCS on Syndra against the team Against All Authority.
- His Penta kill on Syndra was also the first win the Wolves had in the LCS.
- Subbed for TSM in a few online tournaments during Reginald's surgery.
- Bjergsen reached Challenger on EUW on his main account; NiP Bjergsen 2013-10-31. He played four games, consisting of three wins and one loss. During the series he played Nidalee, Fizz, Zed and Gragas.
- After joining TSM and moving to NA, mentioned that he looks forward to laning against MandatoryCloud.
- Became the 2nd player to play to cross over from EU to NA LCS (the first being Edward).
- Recorded 70K viewers on his first stream after joining Team SoloMid.
- Has two Challenger accounts on the NA server within two weeks of joining TSM: Bjerg (formally TSM BjergsenNA) (main) and I am BjergerKing (alt).
- His name originates from his last name "Bjerg".
- Managed a Pentakill with Template:Ci in game two vs. CLG in the Semifinals of NA's 2014 Spring Split.
- Once bought two Void Staffs in a game versus Cloud9 in the heat of the moment.
- Known for being unhappy when he or his team underperforms.
- Was voted by the community for the All-Star Paris 2014 to compete in the All-Star Challenge. Ending up on Team Fire along with Diamondprox, Shy, WeiXiao, QTV and Toyz.
- Has said that his father's name is Carl and that his mother's is 'Annie', like the champion Annie
- His favorite food is "pølse"
- His called by the name "Western Faker" because of his deep champion pool and his famous Zed
- Has Become a "Red Bull Athlete"
References[edit | edit source]
- New Featured Streamer: Bjergsen forums.euw.leagueoflegends.com